Facts about Statkraft
- European leader within renewable energy.
- Norway's largest and the Nordic region's third largest power producer.
- Core business areas within hydropower, wind power, gas power and district heating.
- A significant player in the European energy exchanges with cutting-edge expertise in physical and financial energy trading and origination.
- 356 power plants with a total installed capacity 18 471 MW, and 31 district heating plants with an installed capacity 794 MW.
- Delivers more power to Norwegian industry than ever before. About 21 TWh annually.
- Develops hydropower in emerging markets outside Europe.
- Significant wind power developer. Has completed Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm off the coast of the UK together with Statoil. (315 MW).
- The Group's gross sales amounted to NOK 52,2 billion in 2014.
- 4200 employees and active in more than 20 countries
- Wholly owned by the Norwegian state
Map with operations around the world: